High Plains Environmental Center
Trail Map and Regulations
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times.
- All pedestrians and bicyclists must stay on established trails.
- Trash must be either packed out or put into receptacles posted at points along trails.
- No alcohol allowed.
- Trails open dawn to dusk.
- Harassment of wildlife is not allowed at any time.
- No unauthorized vehicle access.
- No Drones!
- All Colorado state fishing regulations apply.
- No ice fishing.
- No boats or flotation devices.
- No bow fishing.
- No swimming.
- Dogs on leash at all times.
- Pick up after your dog.
- Fish only in designated areas.
- No alcohol.
- Pack your trash.
Fishing is allowed from certain shore locations around Houts Reservoir and Equalizer Lake:
- From the fishing pier located west of Old Canal Park
- From the rip-rap/shoreline stabilization along the southeastern edge
- From the dam rip-rap along the southern edge
- From the shoreline along the southwestern edge, from the pump houses to where the land bridge begins