High Plains Environmental Center
Trail Map and Regulations
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times.
- All pedestrians and bicyclists must stay on established trails.
- Trash must be either packed out or put into receptacles posted at points along trails.
- No alcohol allowed.
- Trails open dawn to dusk.
- Harassment of wildlife is not allowed at any time.
- No unauthorized vehicle access.
- No Drones!
- All Colorado state fishing regulations apply.
- No ice fishing.
- No boats or flotation devices.
- No bow fishing.
- No swimming.
- Dogs on leash at all times.
- Pick up after your dog.
- Fish only in designated areas.
- No alcohol.
- Pack your trash.
Fishing is allowed from certain shore locations around Houts Reservoir and Equalizer Lake:
- From the fishing pier located west of Old Canal Park
- From the rip-rap/shoreline stabilization along the southeastern edge
- From the dam rip-rap along the southern edge
- The rocky landing on the southwest side of Houts (below the wagon bench)
- The Houts side of the landbridge from the pumphouse to the headgate
- A fishing park is currently being developed on the northside of Houts where the pedestrian underpass comes in under Kendall parkway. Fishing is allowed at the bottom of the soft trail to the lake