Annual garden boxes are free and available to members of High Plains Environmental Center and community residents.
A registration link will be made available HERE on March 6th, 2022 after 9 am to sign up for a community garden box. Box assignments and community garden details will be sent out by March 15th. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
The Community Garden Program begins on May 1st, and includes:
– Workshops on pest management, crop propagation, and sustainable garden practices (composting, for example)
– Community Garden Potlucks/Produce Swap 1x per month to share our skills, experiences, and harvest!
– Free access to HPEC’s organics/food waste disposal, worm castings/compost give-away program, & free Red Wiggler Worms to start your own worm compost!
– Garden Boxes are 2ft. x 3ft. x 2ft. (tall), and come with soil already in the box.
– Soil amendments are the responsibility of the plot holder.
– One plot per household (to start).
HPEC’s Community Garden provides an opportunity for Centerra Residents & Friends of HPEC to practice horticultural or small-scale agricultural skills. This can be a great way to start a small satellite garden if you are interested in experimenting with new skills or crops, or if your home does not allow you to alter the landscape.
CALL FOR COMMUNITY GARDEN COMMITTEE MEMBERS!
Did you know that the HPEC Community Garden is managed by a passionate and dedicated team of community volunteers? Joining the Community Garden Committee is a great opportunity to take on a local leadership role, meet your neighbors, and spearhead projects like public education or volunteer days. Participation in the committee also counts towards community garden volunteer requirements!
Interested in joining the Community Garden Committee?
Get In Touch
Please contact email@example.com with questions about the
2022 Community Garden Season